Saturday 3 May 2014

Guess who has been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award??

Yep ME!!


I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the fabulous Toria from Creative Mine who is a beauty, creative and lifestyle blogger.  It was totally unexpected to be nominated and of course flattering.
Thank you Toria for nominating me!
Check out her blog here
The Liebster Award is given to new blogs who have less than 200 followers. Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and helps spread the word about newer blogs. The word 'Liebster' has German origins and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
There are a set of rules to accept the Award which change depending on the year/person but I shall abide the rules Toria has given me, so this is what you have to do...
1.       Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them
2.       Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by the nominator
3.       Nominate some other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
4.       Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5.       Let the nominees know that they have been nominated
If you are sitting comfortably, then here are my answers to Toria’s questions….
1.       How did you come up with your blog's name?
My blog name fizzi~jayne makes.... is also my business name. Fizz was my nickname at school (and a name that my Dad still calls me).  Jayne is my middle name and I make things!
I added the "...." as the plan was always to add more variety of products to my range which I have done, it is a kind of watch this space/ fill in the gaps style of approach.

2.       What inspired you to do a blog?
I always wanted to write a blog but I didn't think I would have enough interesting stuff to say.  It was Tilly Walnes of Tilly and the Buttons (and The Great British Sewing Bee fame) who was speaking at the Folksy School that inspired me to start this blog.  I want to build a community whilst writing about my journey of turning my hobby into a successful business. I want to document my highs and lows to hopefully inspire and support other creatives to be able make money from what they love.

3.       What are your top three favourite hobbies?
·     Craft, craft, craft, I love all things crafty as you may have guessed from this blog.  If you regularly read this blog you will know I have started to learn crochet but I love all types of paper craft and mixed media art.  I also make jewellery and if I have time, I also sew.
·     Photography.  I studied photography at art college for a term in the day of the dark room and film but fell in love with taking pictures all over again when I invested in a digital SLR early last year and it goes everywhere with me.
·     Running.  I have a love/ hate relationship with exercise, I would rather be in my craft den but when I put my trainers on, get some good tunes playing on my iPod I love it.  My greatest achievement is completing the Great South Run in 2012, to look at me you would never guess I could run 10 miles but I did!

I have a medal and the photos to prove it!

4.       What's your favourite book and why?
A tough one, I have enjoyed so many books but I don't get to read as much as I would like.  My favourite book I read a couple of years ago that I recommend as a must read is The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
I couldn't put it down, it was about African-American maids that work in white households in Mississippi in 1962.  An era of  history I didn't know much about and I still can't believe what was acceptable behaviour towards other human beings. The strapline on the back of the book is "Where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver....", madness! It is a book about courage, crossing boundaries and friendship. A must read.
5.       What's your favourite fashion item that you can't live without?
At the moment it is my satchel handbag my hubby bought me for my birthday. I have used it every day since November so it is starting to look well loved.  It's perfect as it fits across my shoulder and fits so much in including my iPad and a book, so practical and beautiful.

6.       What's your favourite holiday destination?
Anywhere with a sandy beach in the UK or abroad.  Last year we had a holiday of a lifetime in Bali, which is the most amazing place.  It's as idyllic as you would imagine and a very spiritual place.  It is where I made the life changing decision to leave my 9-5, so we won't be going anywhere as exotic as this for a loooong time! This year we are going to Cornwall and I can't wait! It's somewhere I want to explore, see the beaches, eat cream teas and relax.

7.       What is your favourite film?
Dirty Dancing, it  has to be the best chick flick ever!

8.       What's your favourite memory?
My wedding day, cheesy I know, but it was the happiest day of my life.
9.       What's your favourite food and why?
Pizza, no, a curry, no pizza, ooo I can't decide!! If I had to choose one to eat right now I would go for a Dominoes Veg-a-Roma, my favourite pizza.  Pizza is the perfect meal, it has your carbs from the base, calcium from the cheese, if you have meat you get protein, I'm a vegetarian so I have loads of vegetables which are of course healthy so the perfect meal!! Ok I know it isn't a  nutritious meal but it is yummy and with a Dominoes you get the garlic and herb dip, Mmmmmm!

10.   Who is your biggest blogger inspiration?
There are so many inspiring bloggers, so this is really difficult to pick just one.  I love the photography of  One Sheepish Girl's blog.  I thoroughly enjoy the frugal adventures of Frugally Peaches which is written by Emma the founder of #CraftBlogClub. For arty and crafty techniques I am inspired by Ink On My Fingers and Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps.

11.   What are the top three beauty products that you can't live without?
·    Concealer ~ to hide the dark circles and any spots or uneven patches
·    Mascara ~ I have long eyelashes so to make the most of them I use a volumising mascara.
·    No7 Protect and Perfect creams ~ This may be classed as more than 1 but I use their creams and serums with the hope I will have a youthful look for ever. ('ll let you know in 10 years!)

 So I am going to nominate the following Blogs for the Liebster Award:
  • Sally from Sally Strawberry ~a fellow #CraftBlogClub peep and a lover of Crochet.
  • Emma from Emma Made ~Is a very talented crafter with such a happy blog.
  • Linda from notes from the arena ~ I find her blog inspiring how she is overcoming her difficulties and facing life head on
If you have more than 200 followers, sorry me bad, but you can join in anyway....

Your questions are....
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. How did you come up with your blogs name?
3. Who is your biggest blogger inspiration?
4. What are your top 3 hobbies?
5. Did you make any New Year Resolutions for 2014? What are they and how are you getting on?
6. What is your favourite film?
7. What is your favourite movie snack?
8. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
10. What is your favourite book?
11 .What animal would you describe yourself as and why?


I am looking forward to reading my nominees posts
fizzi~jayne  x 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona! Thank you so much for the nomination and the lovely kind comment about my blog. I'll let you know when I write my Liebster post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pleasure :-) I'm looking forward to reading your post x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.