Sunday 31 August 2014

#CraftBlogClub challenge launch....

craftblogclub badge

We haven't had a challenge for a couple of months whilst we enjoyed the summer holidays, if you went away I hope you had a lovely break. Now the kids are back at school and we've had the last bank holiday until Christmas it's time to lift our moods and set a challenge.
 
It may only just be September but there is certainly a nip in the air and I have even been tempted to put on the heating! (But I have resisted so far) so as we put the BBQ away and find our winter boots at the back of the wardrobe the theme for this challenge is Winter! Thank you to @kay_O who came up with the idea of a winter theme following a chat about knitting on #CraftBlogClub. 

The rules....

1. There aren't really rules as you can interpret this theme how you like.  If you knit, crochet or sew, you may be inspired to make a winter garment/accessory or use a wintery colour palette to create something for a project of your choice.

I have set up a #CraftBlogClub Winter Challenge board on Pinterest to inspire you if you are stuck for ideas. If you would like to add your inspiration to the board let me know so I can add you as a pinner.
 
2. Present your lovely project in a blog post by 7th October. There will be a linky set up on THIS BLOG to showcase your makes and do take some time to have a gander at the other posts, it’s lovely to see some of the amazing creativity we have in our #CraftBlogClub!
3. Let us know how you’re doing throughout the month and use our #CraftBlogClub hashtag to keep up to date and also #WinterCBC.
I hope you will join in and I can't wait to see what everyone makes!!...

fizzi~jayne x
Ps. If you are thinking you like the sound of this challenge but don't know what #CraftBlogClub is let me tell you, it is a chat on Twitter which takes place every Tuesday from 7pm (GMT) about craft and blogging, why not join us we are a friendly bunch....

 

8 comments:

  1. Credit where it is due, it was your idea! I think you can do 2 it would make it a proper challenge! I'm glad you are looking forward to get started, I am too. I think I'll finish off the blanket I've already started and crochet a beanie to keep my head warm in winter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo I can't wait to join in with this! it is just the boot up the bum I needed to get started on a cowl for myself that I've wanted to make for the looooongest time :) I'm really looking forward to everyone's makes - jenny xxx
    prettycolumn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are excited and have a project in mind. I can't wait it see what everyone makes as it is a broad theme xx

      Delete
  3. I have a hat started which fits this, plus two knitted jackets (yes, two), all of which fit the theme. I shall have to plan to have something done for the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of projects for this theme but I'm excited to see your 3, whether they're finished or work in progress :-)

      Delete
  4. I did mine already!

    http://www.icysedgwick.com/?p=1636

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it looks amazing! Well done for completing it, I better hurry up with mine :-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.