Monday 12 January 2015

Lets do this 2015!....

So the past week has been time to catch up on the dull but necessary admin but I distracted myself by deciding what my goals will be for fizzi~jayne in 2015.  

I use the word goal instead of resolution, as goals need a plan of attack to make them happen and I need a plan otherwise I will have the same list in 2016!

I won't bore you with the details of my plans but I find having a list of tasks/steps needed to achieve a goal helps you break down a big task into smaller chunks that you can cross off, so you feel you are achieving as you work towards it. Well, that's the theory.

Anyway, here are my 2015 goals....

Organise my admin ~ Having spent a week under a pile of paper to sort out my tax return I now have a process in place that I need to stick to and keep on top of so by next January it's not so stressful.

Less procrastination ~ I want to be more efficient with my time and be able to do everything I need to as well as have time to develop creatively and as a business. I should read my own post from last year about time management! I found a great article on procrastination and I need to practice what it suggests!

Online ~ 2014 was a huge and exciting learning curve and I had great success with craft fairs and bespoke orders. My focus this year is to relaunch my online shops and grow that side of my business.

Blog ~ The survey I ran last year has really helped my plan for this blog.  I have planned more tutorials and techniques and I hope to show you more of behind the scenes as well as continuing with the types of posts you enjoy.

I have some personal goals too....

Read more ~ I love getting comfy with a cuppa and a good book to get lost in or learn from but I don't make enough time to read.  So I plan to read for at least 30 minutes every day and I have signed up for the Good Reads reading challenge.

Crafting ~ I am not planning to learn any more new crafts, I don't think I have the time, money or space for them!  Instead I want to learn more techniques and develop creatively in the crafts I already love. 

Lose weight ~  I've gained a lot of pounds since working from home! Weight loss is a common goal for January but I don't fit most of my clothes which is a problem so I have to do it! I have a friend's wedding as a target date and a dress in my wardrobe to wear when I am a healthier weight.

I haven't got a crazy long list as that would just look scary and unachievable, instead I'm focused on the important things which will help with my time management!

What are your goals/plans/resolutions for 2015? I'd love to hear about them and we can encourage each another. If you have blogged about them leave me a link in the comments, I'd love to read them.


fizzi~jayne x

I'm a member of running club to help with my weight loss goal and weather is not an excuse! This was on New Year's Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.