Monday 25 January 2016

Lumière London 2016 Light Festival....

Last weekend I went to see the Lumiere London Light Festival.  It was the first time London has done anything like this and it was amazing! The event has been held in Durham every other year by the same organisers since 2009.

I went with the hubby on the Saturday night which was the busiest night of the four, as you can imagine, so we couldn't see the installations that were at a low level because of the crowds.  However, it was good to see so many people of all ages enjoying the art and the city. 

Unfortunately we didn't see all of the installations because there were so many spread out across London, but we saw most of them around Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, Leicester Square, St.James, Regent Street and Oxford Circus. It was a bit like a treasure hunt which brought out the kid in me and I walked a lot, my pedometer tracked 22,897 steps!

The Light of the Spirit by Patrice Warrener



Garden of Light by TILT


195 Piccadilly by Novak

I Haven't Changed My Mind in a Thousand Years by Beth J Ross

Les Voyagers (The Travellers) by Cédric Le Borgne



Luminéoles by Porté par le vent


1.8 London by Janet Echelman / Studio Echelman


I do hope they do this again in London, I loved it. I would have to plan my trip over two nights instead of trying to do it all in one night.

fizzi~jayne x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.