Friday 11 March 2016

Spring Knitting and Stitching Show 2016....

Last weekend I went to the Knitting and Stitching show with my #CraftBlogClub co-host Katie. We were kindly given the tickets by the organiser. We don't get to meet up that often, as we live at the opposite ends of the UK, so it was a great opportunity to catch up and plan the year ahead. I won't spoil it by going into too much detail but we are very excited about the guest hosts and fun challenges we are planning, plus we were chatting about other exciting ideas but I won't say any more, you'll have to watch this space!....

Back to the show! I was looking forward to being inspired and it was hard not to be when you are surrounded by beautiful yarn and fabric. I managed to keep control over my spending but I am still obsessing about some flamingo fabric I saw on Maud's Fabric Finds stand. She had colourful, quirky fabric but at £16 per metre I resisted but it's so pretty, you have to check it out!

My purchases
I couldn't leave without buying yarn and I love these colours .  They had a sample made up and it looked so bright and cheery.  I'm thinking I might make my niece a beanie hat or use it for an amigurumi animal, 200g might be enough for both.

I bought a pattern for a summer dress to make for myself (hopefully in a flamingo printed fabric!).  I also want to use the pattern paper for a crafty project so I am going to need to trace it first.

There were a few beading / jewellery making stalls and I managed to pick up some charms for the beaded snowflakes I make to sell at Christmas (I know I said the "C" word in March!).

My favourite purchase only cost £1.75! I found needles for knitters, which means when I am threading in my loose ends on a crochet project I won't have to struggle trying to thread the yarn into a standard darning needle, yay!

Here are some pics from the show....


It was great to have the chance to meet one of our #CraftBlogClub guest hosts, Jenniffer Taylor from the Great British Sewing Bee and now a Create and Craft TV expert.


The show organised a knitted feast competition and the entries were fab...






There was also a display of the National Fashion and Textile Competition by A-Level students. The standard was amazing!  The garments were so imaginative and of a high standard....



Jane was one of our #CraftBlogClub winners of the ticket giveaway and she kindly let me use a few of her photos....

I saw this dress too and there are embellishments made from paper.

This was made from a Gazebo!
There was an exhibition area for textile artists to display their inspiring work


Thanks Jane for letting me share your photos. You can check out Jane's Twitter feed where she shared more of her photos there.

Kay was another #CraftBlogClub winner and she has written a post about her day on her blog, check it out here.

Did you go to the show? if you blogged about it or shared pictures on social media, leave your links in the comments so I can have a look.  

If you have never been to the show and love yarn/ fabric/ haberdashery it is well worth a visit.  It's not just on in London but various cities in the UK and Ireland.

fizzi~jayne x

The organisers of the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show kindly gave myself and Katie the tickets for free. All the views and opinions expressed are my own and I have not been paid for this post.

1 comment:

  1. I had such a fun day with you! Here's to the next show :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.