Monday 6 February 2017

Day Out at the Tate Modern....



The other week I felt the need to venture out of the craft den in search of inspiration.  I went to the Tate Modern to see their extension, the Switch House which opened in June 2016. It's simply amazing and the day I went was beautiful, look how blue that sky is! Perfect conditions for photos.





The design is really impressive with 
latticed brickwork and folded surfaces. 




I went to the viewing gallery first and I couldn't have picked a better day to view London in its glory. 


I spent a while up there taking in the views as well as taking these photos.



View of St Paul's


The Shard with the city skyline in the background

Patterns in the brickwork with the sunlight beaming through. I'm still seeing patterns everywhere after the #100DaysofPatternCBC challenge.

Blackfriars rail bridge over the Thames

I went around the galleries scribbling ideas in my sketchbook. In one room I 

spent time just doodling and didn't worry about the end result of my sketch, as you can tell!



In this sketch there are 4 pieces of art represented, the backs of 3 people and a hat!

I was inspired by the Gerhard Richter collection 'Cage' on display.  He worked on these paintings whilst listening to the music of John Cage.  This got me thinking of how music can influence your work. I'm going to play around with this idea and with a paintbrush in hand I will listen to different music and see what happens.  It may be one big mess but it will be fun to see what happens.



A souvenir for the craft den wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you, whether you just pop by to say hi, share your experiences or want to give me feedback. I appreciate your comments and love reading them.